About The Club

The Royal Welsh Yacht Club is the senior yacht club of Wales. It was established in 1847 under the patronage of the Dowager Queen Adelaide, the widow of King William IV.

The clubhouse has two well stocked bars.:

  • The Main Bar which overlooks the ancient High Street on one side and the Menai Strait on the other and provides access to the Barbican balcony with magnificent views across the Menai Strait.
  • The Tegety Bar which is a cosy circular downstairs bar with seating for meetings or entertaining.   The stone window affords a view across the promenade and Menai Strait.   The mezzanine floor sometimes doubles as a minstrels gallery on music nights

Other facilitates include

  • Free  Wi-Fi
  • TV in both bars
  • Snooker table
  • Board games
  • Showers.

OPENING HOURS are

Mon-Tue: 7:30 pm – 11:00 pm

Fri-Sun: 7:30 pm – 11:00 pm